20090414

"The god of the Great Deep or Abyss"



I stood upon the balcony with my brand new bride, the clink of bells came drifting down the mountainside. When in our sight something moved - lightning eyed and cloven hooved - The great god Pan is alive! He moves amid the modern world in disguise, it's possible to look into his immortal eyes. He's like a man you'd meet anyplace Until you recognise that ancient face
The great god Pan is alive! At sea on a ship in a thunder storm on the very night that Christ was born, A sailor heard from overhead a mighty voice cry Pan is dead! So follow Christ as best you can
Pan is dead! Long Live Pan! From the olden days and up through all the years, from Arcadia to the stone fields of Inisheer, Some say the Gods are just a myth but guess who I've been dancing with.
The great god Pan is alive! *









"Though horror and revolting nausea rose up within me, and an odour of corruption choked my breath, I remained firm. I was then privileged or accursed, I dare not say which, to see that which was on the bed, lying there black like ink, transformed before my eyes. The skin, and the flesh, and the muscles, and the bones, and the firm structure of the human body that I had thought to be unchangeable, and permanent as adamant, began to melt and dissolve.

"I know that the body may be separated into its elements by external agencies, but I should have refused to believe what I saw. For here there was some internal force, of which I knew nothing, that caused dissolution and change.

"Here too was all the work by which man had been made repeated before my eyes. I saw the form waver from sex to sex, dividing itself from itself, and then again reunited. Then I saw the body descend to the beasts whence it ascended, and that which was on the heights go down to the depths, even to the abyss of all being. The principle of life, which makes organism, always remained, while the outward form changed.

"The light within the room had turned to blackness, not the darkness of night, in which objects are seen dimly, for I could see clearly and without difficulty. But it was the negation of light; objects were presented to my eyes, if I may say so, without any medium, in such a manner that if there had been a prism in the room I should have seen no colours represented in it.**




http://emotional-literacy-education.com/classic-books-online-b/ggpan10.htm


_____________________________________________________________________________
* Waterboys "The return of Pan"
** Arthur Machen "The great god Pan"

2 comments:

Fata Morgana said...

:) bom estar de volta aqui.

Já vi o Pan algumas vezes, em rostos que, depois de um olhar superficial, me despertaram maior atenção. O salto é imenso, às vezes é preciso ter a coragem de não olhar. Outras vezes senti já saltei, nem dei por nada....

Dark kiss.

PS. os vícios também podem ser cidades (alguns).

Anonymous said...

que pandemónio!

:)