20070618


Hi, I'm Igor Amelkovich. I reside in the city of Chelyabinsk, southern Ural mountains in Russia. I studied radio engineering at the South-Ural State University. Photography has been my focus since 1999.I didn't held camera in my hands before and I'm self-taught. My work is film-based and I use Hasselblad 503CW and two lenses, Planar 80/2,8 and Sonnar 150/4.



Igor Amelkovich






"The Most Contaminated Spot on the Planet" is a journey, starting on a train which, after 36 hours, brings me from Moscow into the city of Chelyabinsk.The city sprang up during the Second World War, when Stalin moved weapons production to the isolated region.It would go on to produce 50% of the Soviet Union's tanks.This gave the city its nickname, "Tank City."



"We're all sick. As for the children, I don't know. It's some kind of dying generation."
Lena Morozova, 32









...stories of being kept in the dark,... and their inability to move out of this contaminated area.
The mullah says simply, "It is the will of God".
The villagers tell us that they do not because their roots are there, because they know no other life.
One man says simply: "You can't escape your fate."


http://www.logtv.com/films/chelyabinsk/































.


Arkady Gluhih






.

4 comments:

o Reverso said...

vai ao meu Quarto de Dormir, bate à porta e entra.
alguém está lá à tua espera.

D. Maria e o Coelhinho said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frioleiras said...

O teu blog...
vermelho e negro...

Stendhaliano

a música
tão bela !
demasiado bela!

Cerejeiras selvagens ...

A tua sensibilidade
enorme
e
medonha...

1.01 said...

medonho?

ou medronho?
:)